Monday, August 13, 2012

Update

(Warning: frank mention of female stuff, like spotting. If you don't want to read about spotting, or hear about my spotting in particular, then be glad I warned you ahead of time that you were about to read that I've been spotting. )

So...here's the deal. As of yesterday, the preggie test was still negative. However, my period is officially late and, starting last week, there has been some random spotting. So....Hmm. What does it all mean? Well, CM said that both she and a friend of hers kept getting negative pregnancy tests well passed their first missed period, despite the fact that they were indeed pregnant. So I'm not sure! Maybe that's what's happening here? Or maybe I'm just late? I'm going to take CM's advice and continue testing every other day. But in the mean time, I am also going to follow my own motto:

No plus sign? Then hells yes to wine!



I've been debating how to handle it if/when I do get a positive test in regard to the whole blogging thing. Obviously, this is a very personal time for couples and many don't let the world know they are pregnant until 12 weeks have passed, for fear of having to explain a miscarriage. But here's the thing: I happen to be the kind of person who processes life by putting it out there in public (aka a comedian). And even if, god forbid, I do have a miscarriage, this is exactly where I would want to discuss it. I know they are actually quite common and I'm one of those people who loves putting taboo stuff out into the open for all to see. Plus, the whole point of this blog is to chronicle this experience from beginning to...well, until the baby turns 18 I guess. So it would seem disingenuous if I had to lie about not begin pregnant for three months.

Besides, it's only the internet. It's not like just anybody can read it, right?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment