Monday, August 6, 2012

Scared.

I have been a bit overwhelmed these past few weeks and am finally coming up for air from my freelance writing assignments. There is nothing I love more than earning money by writing from home in my pajamas. I want this to continue indefinitely. Dear Universe: yes, please!

Another sad day with the shootings in Wisconsin. I'm trying not to think about it too deeply. If I do, I will talk myself out of having kids. The world seems like far too scary a place in which to willing reproduce. I know there have always been crazy people. The question is: is there a higher ratio of crazy to normal people now? Or is the ratio of crazy to normal people the same and the population has just grown that much larger?

Or do we just hear about these incidents more frequently?

Or could it be, um, lack of gun control? Nah, couldn't possibly be that, could it republicans?

Anyway, it's very frightening and sometimes I feel like the best course of action is to close my eyes and wait for the scary monsters under my bed to go away. Maybe, that will be a bonding activity my unborn child and I can do together.


No comments:

Post a Comment