Monday, June 25, 2012

My Feelings About Sleep Training


Even though I don’t have a baby yet, I am 100% planning on sleep-training when the time comes. For those of you who haven’t learned about sleeptraining through the Facebook status updates of friends with newborns, allow me to explain: sleep training means giving a baby a chance to figure out how to self-soothe and fall back to sleep on his own, without mom or dad rushing in to comfort him at the slightest sound of a cry or whimper.

It makes sense to me that we should learn this valuable skill as babies, because I am a thirty-three year old adult whom is desperately in need of sleep training. Once I wake up in the middle of the night, it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to fall back to sleep. My thoughts and worries spiral out of control and I lay awake for two, three or four hours at a time, flailing around in my crib and sucking my thumb.

I don't know if my current insomniac issues are related to the fact that I wasn't sleep trained back in the day, but since I would like to blame someone, I might as well blame my mother.  If only she hadn't been so concerned for my well being.


So, my baby will definitely be sleep trained. As for me, I'm ready for a bottle:

Ambien: Sleep Training For Adults

No comments:

Post a Comment