Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sleep

Since J is in between freelance gigs, and I quit my job in preparation for going back to school in the fall, we have started acting like college kids on summer break. We slept until 10 am yesterday and then stayed in bed for another hour and a half watching reality television shows about house flipping. A few hours later, we made a last-minute decision to drive to my parent's home so that people who are older and wiser could be in charge of feeding and housing us for a few days. They seem to enjoy taking care of us as much as we being taken care of. At this point, I'm questioning why I was so resolute to grow up and be independent in the first place? Responsibility is sooo overrated.

Speaking of which: I've decided there's no way anyone over the age of 30 can logically justify having kids. It's way too much work and sacrifice. But the hardest thing to imagine surrendering by far is sleep.  I lay awake at night cringing over how much sleep I'm going to lose by having a child. Damn it. The little bastard is keeping me awake already.

No comments:

Post a Comment