Friday, October 19, 2012

And so it begins...

Well, here's the big announcement!


It's official: hell is freezing over. I am 81/2 weeks pregnant. I'm sorry for not announcing it on here sooner, like I said I would. But I admit I felt much more superstitious about letting it go public than I thought I would. Even now I'm a little nervous since the first trimester is such a fragile time. But I have so many emotions and thoughts that I need to write them down somewhere and this seems like the most appropriate place since that's exactly what I created the blog for in the first place. 

Here's the story: I tracked my ovulation last month just as I had done in July. Turns out I have a super long cycle, so I basically skipped August all together. The problem was that the day I got the happy face signifying that I was indeed ovulating, J ate bad scallops and came down with a terrible case of food poising. So we had pretty much written off the month. But it turns out that a little romp in the sack that we had enjoyed a few days before must have done the trick, thus confirming my friend AV's suspicions that good sex = fertilization. 

My period was due on September 18. On the 17th, I decided to take a test just for the hell of it. I sat it down on the counter and forgot to check out the results. Then, as J and I were chatting about something, I happened to glance down and see the word "Pregnant" out of the corner of my eye.

I gasped and pointed at the stick. J looked at it, too. And then we just stood there for two minutes staring at the stick, mouths open, not saying a word. 

One moment your having a nice morning pee and the next your life is changing forever.

Every thought, every action, every  since that moment has been permeated with the thought: oh my god we're having a baby. 

I need to go to the bank today. Oh my god we're having a baby.
The internet is running slowly. Oh my god we're having a baby.
We should go see a movie tonight. Oh my god we're having a baby.

We are, of course, thrilled. And terrified. And thrilled. 

More to come....LOTS more!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment